The Director Epidemiology Biostatistician is responsible for providing support on biostatistic methods and quantitative analysis applied to all the epidemiological studies in support to clinical development, clinical safety investigation, risk management, and benefit-risk assessment across therapeutic areas and health authority requests.
He/she provides statistical support to many projects in epidemiology, critical reviews on statistical methods and data analysis plans for multiple epidemiological studies and identifies and employs new analysis methods in population-based health care databases.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Education: MSc in statistics or related area (PhD preferred)
- Experience/Professional requirement:
- 1-3 years of postgraduate experience in biostatistics applied to epidemiology as reflected in research projects, publications, etc.
- Good epidemiology knowledge and strong data analysis skills.
- Ability to work independently on large databases using SAS proficiently for data management, analysis and reporting.
- Strong computer and project management skills.
- Prior experience of working with large healthcare databases
- Fluent English (oral and written)